How can we assist you?


Spouse and Dependent Visa

Studying or working abroad temporarily should not be just about you. By applying for Spouse and Dependent Visas, you can take your spouse or a dependent family member with you to a foreign country where you hold a temporary resident visa for work or study.

Spouse Visas

It is obvious that we miss our loved ones and especially if they are not with us. So in order to help you out Canadian government has come up with new changes wherein residents of Canada or citizens of Canada can sponsor their spouse from other nation to migrate to Canada. The applicant and their spouse must be married and show the genuine intention to live together in Canada.

Family Class program by the Canadian Government allows Canadian citizens and PR holders to sponsor dependent children, parents, and grandparents and spouse. Through government policies, Canada strongly supports keeping families together. Thus, processing Family Class applications is a priority for Canadian Visa Offices.

Basic Requirements:

  1. Sponsor is a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident of Canada,
  2. Sponsor is at least 18 years of age,
  3. The applicant is over the age of 16, and
  4. Sponsor must sign a 3-year sponsorship agreement with the Canadian Government to financially support the spouse or partner.

A Canadian citizen or permanent residence of Canada is eligible to sponsor their spouse and any dependent children for permanent residency in Canada and it can be made for those who are living inside or outside Canada.

A sponsor must provide details about the income assuring the government to provide financial support to their spouse for 3 years and any dependent children for 10 years.

If you are international students, then your loved ones can be nearby as you pursue your Canadian education. All you need is to contact your international student adviser and regulated Canadian immigration consultants out there. They will help you out by providing information about the different requirements and visa processing time. Even your spouse can apply for a work permit before or after they arrive in Canada. With this work permit, your spouse will be allowed to work in Canada while you are studying for the same period of your study permit. Most importantly, your spouse does not need a job offer letter or labour market opinion from Service Canada to apply for work permit. Most of the cases, Canadian visa offices abroad do process spouse work permit applications at the same time as study permit applications. Relocating in Canada under such program can help the applicant to seek and undertake employment without any restrictions. In addition, after the minimum residency of 3 years, you can apply for PR and then for Canada Citizenship.

If you are a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your spouse without being in Canada. However, for this you need to prove that you are planning to move to Canada as soon as your spouse is approved for permanent residency. Your job offer letter, university offer letter etc. can be provided as proof. In addition, if you are a PR, then you should be in the country in order to sponsor your spouse.

The process is long, but the benefits are life-long. Living in Canada with family can be an enriching experience. Moreover, given the current requirements of the Canadian government, this is the right time to file for a spouse visa. Visit our office or call our toll free number to set up a free appointment with one of our international counsellors. We will provide you with a systematic guidance and help you successfully acquire visa for your spouse to be with you in Canada.

Latest Blogs & Events

Get the latest and most useful updates on Study abroad, overseas Education, Student Life and International Education Trend

Immigration Update 24 May 2018

New lowest CRS score marked with the 90th Express Entry draw held on May 23, 2018

90th Express Entry draw took place on May 23, 2018, wherein 3500 candidates received the Invitation to apply with a cut-off score of 440 or more. Due to a large number of profiles existing in…

More Details By Winny Immigration
Uncategorized 22 May 2018

Ontario and British Columbia issues invite to Express Entry Candidates

On May 23, 2018, British Columbia invited 27 candidates, who also include candidates from Express Entry pool. Now, the candidates invited under Express Entry and whose application for provincial nomination is approved and receive 600…

More Details By Winny Immigration
Immigration Update 21 May 2018

Manitoba held its most recent draw for Permanent Residency under PNP

Manitoba has recently issued 626 Letters of Advice to Apply for provincial nomination in new Expression of Interest [EOI] draw that was conducted on May 11, 2018, which also includes 151 candidates from Express Entry…

More Details By Winny Immigration
Immigration Update 18 May 2018

Canada to use Biometrics for Immigration Applicants from July 31, 2018

From July 31, 2018, IRCC (Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada) would be including biometric recognition along with a photo for Canadian Immigration Application for immigrants from Europe, the Middle East, and African continents. From December…

More Details By Winny Immigration
Immigration Update 28 April 2018

Canada plans to welcome over 980,000 new permanent residents

Canada’s three-year immigration plan for 2018-2020 is historic and responsible. The target is to welcome over 980,000 new permanent residents to the country. Majority of the immigrants will settle as economic immigrants, with over 242,000…

More Details By Winny Immigration
Immigration Update 24 April 2018

Highly Skilled Immigrants earn more than Canadian – a report by Government of Canada

The Government of Canada issued an internal report stating that highly skilled immigrants earn more than the Canadian. The report was released considering the economic and social outcomes of newcomers who came to Canada through…

More Details By Winny Immigration
Immigration Update 21 April 2018

Controversial medical inadmissibility rules for immigrants revised by Canada

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and…

More Details By Winny Immigration
Immigration Update 17 April 2018

142 Candidates received Notification of Interest from Ontario

Ontario issued 142 Notification of Interest to its candidates under its Express Entry aligned French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW) and Skilled Trades Stream. There was no minimum CRS requirement under this draw as the…

More Details By Winny Immigration
Immigration Update 12 April 2018

The first Draw of April 2018 starts off with CRS of 444

87th Express Entry draw took place on April 11, 2018, wherein 3500 candidates received the Invitation to apply with a cut-off score of 444 or more. In comparison with the previous draw held on March 26,…

More Details By Winny Immigration