Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is a fast track immigration platform that has enabled employers of Canada’s four provinces (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Prince Edward Island) to hire foreign nationals to provide job opportunity.
With the opportunity to provide jobs to foreign nationals, the AIPP program has been introduced officially in 2017 by the federal government and its provincial government partners to allow 7,000 newcomers including families to Atlantic Canada by 2021.
The program is set to last for an initial period of three years that allows designated local employers in the four regions to search recruit and retain the global talent. With this, the program majorly aims to increase employment to a larger extent, support population growth, and want to develop a skilled workforce.
How AIPP Program Works?
AIPP is basically an employer-driven program that is developed to benefit foreign works by providing jobs. The program intends for the applicants arriving Canada under the pilot program must have a valid job offer from designated employer along with a settlement plan for themselves and their family.
Once an employer finds the candidate meeting the skills and other employment criteria, employer has to offer a job as a priority basis. Moreover, employers here don’t need to follow the process of obtaining Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) under this program.
Employer if wants to fill the job opening immediately, would approach to the candidate with temporary work permit so that candidate and his family can land Canada as soon as possible. To get the temporary work permit, candidates need:
- A valid job offer
- Letter from province
- Commitment to apply for permanent residence within 90 days of temporary work permit application
Major Benefits of Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program (AIPP):
- AIPP provides a new immigration pathway for the skilled immigrants to apply for permanent residence if they have a valid job offer from designated employer in the Atlantic province.
- AIPP provides a pathway to apply for permanent residence for international students who have graduated from publically funded educational institutes
- International candidate doesn’t need any work experience to apply under the AIPP program
- Language proficiency requirement under AIPP has limited thus immigrants with skilled or semi-skilled experience in an occupation that is categorized under NOC skill level 0, A or B can easily apply under this program
- The candidates who falls under the federal government’s express entry program are also eligible under the AIPP program to apply for Canadian PR
Once the Candidates obtain a permanent resident can avail the following benefits:
- Can live and work anywhere in Canada for five years
- Would be benefited from free health care system
- Holder will be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship after 3 years
- Canadian PR holder will be able to sponsor the application of their relatives for permanent residency