Canadian Super Visa for Parents & Grandparents – Know the basics

Canadian Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents

One of the most difficult obstacles a person faces while living in a foreign nation is being separated from their family. Fortunately, if you live in Canada, you are protected by the Canadian government. One of the most popular programmes for family reunions is the Super Visa for parents and grandparents. This article will provide you with all of the details you require concerning the Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents.


What is a Super Visa, exactly?

The Parents and Grandparents Super Visa programme for overseas families was created by the Canadian government in 2011. A Super Visa enables eligible parents and grandparents to visit and remain with their family in Canada for up to two years at a time. This is a multi-entry visa that allows for several admissions over the course of ten years.


Who qualifies for a Super Visa?

For being eligible for a Super Visa, the applicants should either be parents or grandparents of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.


You should also –

  • Have a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild (with proof of your relationship). Minimum income requirements must be met by the child or grandchild.
  • Have valid Canadian health insurance for at least a year from the date of your admission into the country.


Other conditions – 

Certain other requirements are also taken into account before your application is approved :

  • You should be a genuine traveller who will gladly depart from Canada at the end of your stay.
  • The reason for your visit
  • Your ties to your own nation
  • Your financial situation and family history
  • In terms of your own country’s overall economic and political stability


How to apply for Super Visa?

You must prepare the following documents in order to apply for a Super Visa:

  • The number of members of the host’s family, a pledge of financial support, and a copy of the host’s Canadian citizenship or permanent residency are all included in the invitation letter from a Canadian host.
  • Proof that the host earns the needed minimum income. Bank statements, employment letters stating the date of hire and salary, notices of assessment (NOA) or T4/T1 for the previous year’s taxes, pay stubs, and employment insurance stubs are all examples of documents that can be submitted.
  • Proof of complete payment of health insurance with a minimum coverage of $100,000 for a period of at least one year.
  • Copy to confirm you’ve taken an immigration medical exam
Free Immigration Evaluation